Monday, February 15, 2010

Artist #5 - 2.15.10 - Ciro Totku




Today I want to talk about Ciro Totku. He is a Russian abstract photographer working in Cambodia. Totku finds his images mostly in nature and although I chose him for his use of color, not all his work is in color. His work is similar to the last photographer I talked about, Mark Mason. While looking through his work, I found myself often wishing I had some of these bright colorful images to explore musically. When I shoot I tend to focus on compositional elements, and while I enjoy his compositional sensibilities, his work has inspired me to look more for colors and interesting color relationships. I realized that this is the most important thing I could do considering my work is all about relationships between colors and musical notes. The more complex my color relationships, the more interesting my musical scores could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment