Monday, November 2, 2009

Critique Video

My video was slightly painful, but I thought it was going to be way worse than it was. The first thing I noticed was that I looked very serious or angry or maybe scared. I don't know if maybe I always look like that, but I suppose I was a bit nervous because I knew right away that the piece wasn't being viewed properly. I guess it doesn't matter because I'm not going to try and change my face for my next crit, I'm going to look how I look. However, one thing I could try to work on is that I say um and like a lot and I kept doing something with my mouth, playing with my tongue or something. I should refrain from um and like and try not to do fidgety things like play with my tongue. I also feel like I could have responded better to some comments that were made, because in some cases I didn't even respond at all, I guess I was preoccupied with thinking about what was said. I should try to offer a response of how I feel about the comment or how I may be able to use it. When I am reading my artist statement I kind of rush through it and I think it may have been difficult to understand at some parts. I should slow down and make clear what I am saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment