Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Research blog - Sound Art

For my research I've been looking at sound art. I found a quote by art historian Don Goddard that I thought was really interesting and related to my work," It may be that sound art adheres to curator Hellermann's perception that 'hearing is another form of seeing,' that sound has meaning only when its connection with an image is understood... The conjunction of sound and image insists on the engagement of the viewer, forcing participation in real space and concrete, responsive thought rather than illusionary space and thought." So I got thinking, I really need to make the strength between my images and sounds more evident, so I thought what is another dimension in which they could interact? What if I record sounds for the length of a photograph, using a variety of shutter speeds. This will definitely be something to explore even though it may be moving further away from some of the ideas I've been trying to work with. I also found some awesome sculptures made from sound, unfortunately the website I found these on doesn't specify the artist names or any other information.

No comments:

Post a Comment